Indice del forum

La circolarità delle idee

dialogo sulla creatività delle relazioni umane

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

series Friday at Detroit, with left-hander Franklin Morales
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Presentazione forum
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
hfy962464

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

italy
MessaggioInviato: 26 Lug 2018 11:08:36    Oggetto:  series Friday at Detroit, with left-hander Franklin Morales
Descrizione:

The Canadiens and Ducks win; notes on Max Pacioretty, Nathan Beaulieu, Daniel Briere, John Gibson, Devante Smith-Pelly, Jarret Stoll and more.
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
. MAKE IT SEVEN Facing elimination, the Montreal Canadiens came out of the gate quickly to take an early lead, got a few bounces and 26 saves from Carey Price on the way to a 4-0 win, tying the series at three games apiece. Montreals big scorers came to play, as LW Max Pacioretty scored once and added an assist. It was Paciorettys second goal of the playoffs, his first of this series. Pacioretty struggled early in the series, but has been better (43 5-on-5 shot attempts for, 41 against) over the past three games. Paciorettys assist game on the first of Thomas Vaneks two goals. A couple of additions to the Habs lineup paid off in limited roles for Game Six. Veteran C Daniel Briere, a healthy scratch in Game Five, was on for nine shot attempts for and four against, anchoring the fourth line with Dale Weise and Brandon Prust. Rookie D Nathan Beaulieu, in for Douglas Murray, chipped in an assist and was one for 58.3% of 5-on-5 shot attempts when he was on the ice. Canadiens D Josh Gorges, charged with protecting the lead, played a game-high 26:19, and was on the ice for 25.0% of 5-on-5 shot attempts. With Gorges off the ice, the Canadiens held 64.3% of the shot attempts at even strength. That the series is going seven games doesnt come as a major surprise -- over the past decade, the Canadiens and Bruins have gone seven games in a playoff series in 2011, 2008 and 2004 -- but with a couple of missed opportunities earlier in the series (ie. Lost lead in Game Two, OT loss in Game Four), the Canadiens needed a really big performance to take this particular series to Game Seven. The Bruins have been the better team ove the course of this season and carried play more consistently over the course of this series, but that doesnt much matter now. Wednesday night will bring a winner-take-all Game Seven between these arch-rivals, with a trip to the Eastern Conference Final awaiting the winner. DUCKS FLYING HIGH For the first time in the Freeway Series, the home team came out on top, and the Anaheim Ducks 4-3 win in Game Five gave them a 3-2 series lead over the Los Angeles Kings. The Ducks turning to rookie G John Gibson, in their time of need, has altered the series and Gibson turned aside 39 of 42 Kings shots in Game Five to earn the win. In five regular season and playoff games with the Ducks this season, Gibson has stopped 150 of 157 shots (.955 SV%). This wouldnt be the first time that a rookie goaltender made a name for himself in the NHL playoffs, but Gibsons performance in the last two games has already tipped the series in Anaheims favour. Ducks LW Devante Smith-Pelly is taking a liking to his role on the number one line with Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry. Smith-Pelly scored a pair of goals and led the Ducks with six shot attempts and seven hits. Once the Ducks jumped out to a 4-1 lead, they went into a defensive shell as the Kings mounted a comeback attempt. LW Marian Gaborik scored a pair of goals, giving him a playoff-leading eight goals, and had seven shots on goal. Not surprisingly, the Kings top line of Gaborik, Justin Williams and Anze Kopitar carried play, all three on the ice for better than 70% of 5-on-5 shot attempts. Unheralded Kings C Jarret Stoll has been having a tremendous series. In five games, hes been on the ice for 65.8% (79 for, 41 against) of the 5-on-5 shot attempts. Hes gone without a point in the past eight games, but the puck is spending a lot of time in Anaheims zone when Stoll is on the ice. Also, in Game Five, Kings D Drew Doughty had 13 shot attempts, including a deflection in the final minute that was kicked aside by Gibson. Kings C Mike Richards played 9:50, second-lowest on the team (ahead of only Jordan Nolan) and didnt take a shift in the final 10 minutes. In 250 regular season and playoff games over the past three seasons with Los Angeles, prior to Game Five, Richards had played more than 10 minutes in 249 of those games. The Kings may hold an edge in territorial play in this series, but theyre now facing a deficit and have to win back-to-back games against the Ducks. Finding a way to get Gibson off his game has to be the priority because, right now, the kid is playing well enough to leave Los Angeles royally disappointed. Scott Cullen can be reached at
and followed on Twitter at
For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook.
. -- Jesse Lussier scored 8:24 into overtime as the Halifax Mooseheads erased a four-goal deficit to beat the host Val-dOr Foreurs 6-5 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action.
. -- At the beginning of training camp, Andrew Bogut set a goal to play all 82 regular-season games and regain his place among the NBAs best centres.
. All of 46 seconds into the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 victory over Alex Ovechkins struggling Washington Capitals, Crosby assisted on Chris Kunitzs goal.CHICAGO -- Jake Arrieta did quite well without his best stuff. Arrieta struck out seven in seven innings, leading the Chicago Cubs to a 3-1 victory over the Colorado Rockies on Thursday. Arrieta (6-2) allowed one run and three hits in his first victory since June 30 at Boston. The 6-foot-4 right-hander has a 1.73 ERA in his last 11 starts, holding opponents to a .162 batting average. "Well, you know, going in I felt a little off," he said. "In the pen I kind of realized it. I just didnt feel like I had a lot of life on my fastball today, but I was able to come out with a good mix of off-speed pitches for strikes, below the zone for swings and I mixed in some changeups. My cutter was pretty good today." The Cubs won three of four in a matchup of last-place teams. The Rockies have lost four of five and 11 of 15 overall. Pedro Hernandez (0-1) allowed three runs and six hits in 5 2-3 innings in his first start for Colorado. Arrieta retired his first 14 batters before Wilin Rosario single with two out in the fifth. Corey Dickerson singled and scored on Nolan Arenados double in the seventh for Colorados two other hits against the pitcher. "Arrieta was really good," Colorado manager Walt Weiss said, "but toward the end of his rope there, we had an opportunity but could never get to him." Arrieta, 28, said hes learned that pitching is not all about blowing hitters away. In the past, he may have stuck with his fastball on a day when it wasnt quite there instead of trying something else. "Thats something you have to take it upon yourself as a pitcher to recognize at an early stage in the game," he said. "There are times where guys wont recognize that and theyll continue to try and find their fastball and give up hits." Chicago scored three times in the sixth despite getting one ball out of the infield the entire inning. Starlin Castro had a bases-loaded walk, Justin Ruggiano added a sacrifice fly and Luis Valbuena drove in a run with a grounder to shortstop. Hector&nbbsp;Rondon got three outs for his 14th save in 17 opportunities.
. He retired three straight after Arenado and Justin Morneau singled to start the ninth. CUBS MAKE TRADE The Cubs made one trade on the non-waiver deadline day, sending utilityman Emilio Bonifacio, left-handed reliever James Russell and cash to Atlanta for switch-hitting catching prospect Victor Caratini. Caratini, 20, was selected by the Braves in the second round of the 2013 draft. He hit .279 with five homers and 42 RBIs in 87 games with Class A Rome this season. "Hes a guy we liked in the draft a lot," Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer. "Weve said it all along, catching is a weakness in our system and we dont have enough of it. Hes a switch-hitting catcher who can control the strike zone and has performed well. So were excited to get him." Bonifacio has been playing well lately, batting .400 (14 for 35) in his last eight games. He hit .279 in 69 games with the Cubs this season. Russell, 28, is 0-2 with one save and a 3.87 ERA in 44 appearances this year. TRAINERS ROOM CUBS: With Chicago headed out on the road, rookie reliever Neil Ramirez (triceps soreness) will travel to the teams spring training complex in Mesa, Ariz., to continue his rehab. The hope is that the right-hander will be ready to go when he is eligible to be activated from the 15-day disabled list on Aug. 10. ROCKIES: Outfielder Michael Cuddyer (fractured shoulder) is scheduled to take part in light batting practice drills on Friday. If he progresses as expected in the next seven to 10 days, a minor league rehab stint will be the next step in his recovery. ON DECK The Cubs begin a six-game road trip Friday night in Los Angeles against the Dodgers. Rookie right-hander Kyle Hendricks (1-1, 2.33 ERA) faces Dodgers right-hander Dan Haren (8-8, 4.49 ERA) in the series opener. The Rockies open a three-game series Friday at Detroit, with left-hander Franklin Morales (5-5, 5.18 ERA) taking on Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander (9-9, 4.59 ERA).
' ' '
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: 26 Lug 2018 11:08:36    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Presentazione forum Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: